Wordless Wednesday: Lonely Clarinet

IMG 5815

Wordless Wednesday

Post a Comment

46 Comments

  1. Anonymous8:56 PM

    Ok, this is weird, but when I saw this photo, I immediately could smell the oil from my French horn, the smell of the old band room. This is one great shot to trigger all those sensory memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi ~ Perfect title, excellent photo! You are one very creative lady! This might be my favorite one yet! I used to play the clarinet and I never saw its lonely eyes! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks like a creature out of one of Disney's latest movies or something.

    A fantasic pic to be sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:45 PM

    Your eyes are like two pools. I think I'm in love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:14 PM

    haha, nice effect, looks like sad eyes! Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The clarinet is staring at me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great photo-love those lonely eyes...you could write a poem about it...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:15 AM

    A sophisticated Topper from the New Yorker Magazine. His top hat isn't visible, but the nose he looks down on us with, is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting and funny picture. Very nice composition!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lonely clarinet looking for company! :) Nice shot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sad (for the loneliness) and funny at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. At first glance I saw 2 huge eyes staring at me! :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that. You're actually making me feel sorry for a musical instrument!
    Reality check required :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. awwww... I'm staring into its big sad hollow eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. another creative picture! and the title captures the "aura" of the photo... now, i'm beginning to hear a nostalgic sad tune being played on it...

    ReplyDelete
  16. My goodness, it's looking at me!

    If clarinets were animals, this one would be a wise old owl. Just look at the resemblance.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The caption "Here's lookin at you kid" came to mind when I saw this photo. Happy Wordless Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha Great shot Sandy. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is very interesting. Fantastic shot.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely fabulous! Great eye (no pun intended). Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a face! Looks like time to play some blues...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous9:25 AM

    That is so beautiful. I love the way you photographed the clarinet close up.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awww, yes, it does look lonely!
    I wonder what song it would play?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous12:04 PM

    I see sad eyes. Maybe you need to get the clarinet out to a Jazz club?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anonymous12:46 PM

    Hi Sandy, I've subscribed to your blog and seeing this photo in my inbox inspired me to join Wordless Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks more bored than lonely!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Anonymous5:13 PM

    What great "eyes"...they look like a jazzman :-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anonymous5:41 PM

    Great perspective! It DOES look lonely and it reminds ME of my Junior High years when I played the clarinet ;--)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  29. Looks like sad eyes. :(

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love musical instruments. They keys were all I saw.

    ReplyDelete
  31. That's the money you could be saving with Geico! (Cue the bad 80's pop song).

    Seriously, you read my mind... I was hoping to convince my son to bring his sax when he comes home next so I could flex some macro muscle on it.

    Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love this picture, Sandy; that clarinet is alive!

    My WW post...

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wonderful shot here. You gave that instrument personality.

    ReplyDelete
  34. If you hadn't identified it as a clarinet, I wouldn't have realized it. I see eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Look at the sad eyes! Aloha-

    ReplyDelete
  36. oh, such sad eyes... nobody played in a while? great photo, Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  37. that is amazing!! Looks like sad robot eyes~

    ReplyDelete
  38. Anonymous7:31 AM

    for some reason, when i saw it, i thought of wall-e! hehe. nice macro, sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Look like two big eyes ... I always wanted to learn how to play the piano. Not enough breath for a horn.

    ReplyDelete
  40. it looks like the robot in the movie short circuit.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I started to hear the music from the latest Gaico commercials ("I always feel like...somebody's watching me...) with the little pile of money watching me.

    Great shot!

    Peace - D

    ReplyDelete
  42. Anonymous2:21 PM

    Neat pic! Makes me wish I could play one!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Anonymous1:44 AM

    I didn't contribute to wordless wednesday (ha, I probably should)..but Sandy, this is such a unique cool shot!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Never seen such a closeup shot of one of those! It definitely looked like eyes that teenagers sometimes shwo you. lol

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love this shot, Sandy! So cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.