Thursday Thirteen No. 24: 'Golden, Golden'

My musical tastes move through seasonal mood swings. March always brings on an appetite for Andy Stewart and Silly Wizard. My husband and I saw Stewart perform at some remote nature center in a Connecticut village long before our daughter was born. The space was small and the music, alive. The evening felt like a seisun in a Cork pub. Stewart is all magic and romance and fun. Here are the 13 lines of lyrics to "Golden, Golden," one only he he can do well:

Slowly, slowly, walk the path, and you might never stumble or fall.
Slowly, slowly, walk the path, and you might never fall in love at all.

Golden, golden, is her hair, like the morning sun over fields of corn.
Golden, golden, is her love, so sweet and clear and warm.

Lonely, lonely, is the heart that ne'er another can call its own.
Lonely, lonely, lies the part yhat has to live all alone.

Golden, golden, is her hair, like the morning sun over fields of corn.
Golden, golden, is her love, so sweet and clear and warm.

Wildly, wildly, beats the heart with a rush of love like a mountain stream.
Wildly, wildly, play your part as free as a wild bird's dream

Golden, golden, is her hair, like the morning sun over fields of corn.
Golden, golden, is her love, so sweet and clear and warm.
Golden, golden, is her hair, like the morning sun over fields of corn.

Thursday Thirteen

Post a Comment

37 Comments

  1. OK - I'll comment on TORsady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:39 PM

    I am a seasonal person too. Great Lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's beautiful, Sandy! Those lyrics are poetry!

    I'm back! Turned out to be only a modem problem but who knew? I have a TT up...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh fun! What a great idea. That was nice :) Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. Happy T13!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great lyrics. Enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It totally IS poetry - how beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a really interesting lyrical pattern, with the golden lines repeating. Not what I'd expected, but definitely neat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been thinking a lot about seasons lately. This late winter season is alway so challenging - 2 more months of snow....

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous8:18 PM

    Great lyrics! Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, this is a very different
    t13. I loved the lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous9:12 PM

    Beautiful, beautiful those lyrics flow...
    Happy Tt to you ...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous9:19 PM

    I have never heard of Andy Stewart, but I love the lyrics!
    Happy TT~

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't heard of this yet but by the lyrics, it seems to be a beautiful song.
    Thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great lyrics and a great take on TT.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it!! Absolutely beautiful. Happy TT and thanks for stopping by:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. wonderful lyrics!
    thanks for sharing them!
    have a great night

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've never heard that before, but it is beautiful! The lyrics are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Quite beautiful.

    SJR
    The Pink Flamingo
    http://thepinkflamingo.blogharbor.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous10:49 PM

    Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like a really nice song. Happy TT.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely lyrics. Pretty photos. Happy TT. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  23. beautiful lyrics Sandy, very poetic.

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  24. nice lyrics. This week it's 13 Things to
    Ponder
    , My 71st Thursdat thirteen. Stop by if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have never heard of them. Pretty lyrics, though.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very nice!!! Very poetic. Love it.

    Thanks for visiting me and reading my Thursday's entry!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Anonymous8:00 AM

    Mmmm. That felt good, like a brain massage. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nifty floral collage … (making note to self about learning how to do this thing). My 'Endless Summer' Hydrangea is making a comeback after seeming like it was giving up the ghost recently. Yea!

    Love the lyric to this totally unfamiliar song …(I’m so ‘out of the loop’ on many things these days)… so thanks for sharing.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anonymous8:28 AM

    This is nice. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Anonymous9:11 AM

    I'm lost without the numbers. And had never heard of them. Do you know Paul Brady?

    ReplyDelete
  31. Anonymous9:18 AM

    Beautiful song.
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am going to have to check him out! I am one of those people who still consider lyrics to be totally important. I loved the late 60's when lyrics were IT. Now it seems many of the songs say nothing...

    Really beautiful lyrics!

    Thanks for dropping by my TT-13

    Smiles,

    Holly
    http://theabundanceplace.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Anonymous10:11 AM

    WoW..some very beautifully captured shots & lovely words...wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Anonymous12:03 PM

    Lovely, Sandy. The only season we're thinking about lately is Spring! It's hiding too long.

    ReplyDelete
  35. That was so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  36. That was really beautiful, Sandy! I'd love to hear it sung.

    Thanks for visiting mine...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.