Blog Your Blessings: One Single Impression

One Single Impression is this week's blessing. It is a new poetry blog instigated and designed by Andree, whose blog Meeyauw, is always a feast for the eyes. Last week she contacted me via my poetry blog to ask me if I'd want to start it up with her. We had just learned that a blog author of One Deep Breath would be closing down.

Andree writes on her blog: "Michael has written the poetry for my photographs. Our collaboration has proven to be an inspiring journey into beauty and art that has been missing in my life. The poets that participated in One Deep Breath, and hopefully in One Single Impression, are gifted. The poetry is motivational and often life-changing. I am beginning to expand myself and write some poetry of my own. All of the participants are supportive and kind (even to someone like me). "

In blog comments, many of the writers who have participated in One Deep Breath's weekly prompts for haiku had also expressed their disappointment that that cyber meeting ground would no longer be available. There was a need as much as a desire to continue. I agreed to work with Andree, she contacted Jennifer at One Deep Breath and suggested we pick up where she left off, and Jennifer was happy to support us.

So began a new blog designed and set up by Andree at lightening speed. Our efforts have been collaborative; though we have never met personally, we nevertheless worked together on the title, the initial posts, and other matters. It was a beautiful and smooth process, a delightful interaction between people who seek creative interaction online with others about whom we know little more than that they share this desire. It is more than enough. We step into the universe blind but nevertheless find our footing.


Creating One Single Impression might keep together writers who just want to write. It can continue pushing back the isolation that has long been a cliche of the writing experience. Here we are doing the best we can and making a gift of it to others. That's all we have to say.


"When the student is ready, the teacher appears" is a Buddhist expression that tells me humility leads to wisdom, that we are each other's guides on the road, no matter how long any one of us has been on it; we can grow like plants simply by opening our eyes and taking in the light. Amen.


Blog Your Blessings

Post a Comment

13 Comments

  1. Sandy, this is wonderful, wonderful news. I am very thankful that the two of you will continue this and I will certainly keep my eyes on that project. I am so thrilled that like minded people can come together like this and encourage and strengthen each other in what ever way expressions will lead. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing you are to Andree. . . God does provide those outlets when they are needed. Many blessings on your work together and enjoy the blessings of a new project too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Sandy. "Like-minded" . . . I look up to you for your spirituality and artistry. I'm blessed to have bumped into you on the internets! This has been a great journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:55 AM

    This Blog Your Blessings entry could have discussed Internet friendships, relationships, and interaction even without discussing OSI. It's quite impressive what technology has allowed us to do and interact. OSI will be a triumph, no doubt. Regular visitors to your blog, your friends, will not be surprised at that. You offer so much to so many. You are a true blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful blessing as an aspiring writer, it is nice to see people do things such as this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've known BOTH of you through different blogging avenues, and this is such a delight to read that two such lovely, spiritual bloggers have found one another to create something beautiful and inspirational! Congratulations! No doubt you'll find a big audience and much success!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this post. One interesting thing is that your post, Paulie's post and mine are all sort of connected.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:03 PM

    Fantastic news I shall make time to visit.

    A very Happy BYB Sunday to you and yours and good luck with the new project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe I'll give this a shot... it's a nice idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I may contribute a haiku or two. It seems to be the only form of poetry I can manage nowadays.

    I used to write long, long poems.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with the new Blog!

    I wish I could write poetry, but for some reason I absolutely can not!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is great idea and a fantastic new blog! My poetic efforts are probably best left off any real poetry blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds like a wonderful projects, congratulations and good luck to all of you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.