Borrowed: A Prayer to Live with Grace

May we discover through pain and torment
the strength to live with grace and humor.
May we discover through doubt and anguish
the strength to live with dignity and holiness.
May we discover through suffering and fear
the strength to move toward healing.
May it come to pass that we be restored to health and to vigor.
May Life grant us wellness of body, spirit, and mind.
And if this cannot be so, may we find in this transformation and passage
moments of meaning, opportunities for love and the deep and gracious calm
that comes when we allow ourselves to move on.

(I found this prayer by Rabbi Rami M. Shapiro [Source: SoultoSpirit.com] on beliefnet.com and thought it was well worth sharing.)

Post a Comment

10 Comments

  1. Bless your heart, Sandy.

    have a fine weekend

    regards from Holland,
    thesserie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful prayer and I join you in putting it out to the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:25 PM

    I saw your blog in my BlogRush widget after posting my latest regarding the 23rd Psalm. I love the prayer you posted. It is so beautiful and says so very much. I just had to say thank you.
    I really like what you have done with your weblog.
    Blog with Anna on Faith and Inspiration
    http://www.annasversatilewriting.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing that beautiful prayer Sandy. Hope you are having a good weekend. This is such a wonderfully serene and peaceful place to visit on the net. I always enjoy my visits here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:20 AM

    Thank you for that beautiful prayer - so appropriate here at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a very beautiful prayer. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:25 PM

    Thank you for sharing this prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous2:00 PM

    This is a wonderful prayer. I was touched by it, too, when I first discovered it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.