A Light Moment on the Road to Christmas

Christmas is serious business--for the faithful who ponder its spiritual significance as well as for the merchants who have made of it a business. Still, too much seriousness is just too much.

So I was relieved and I laughed hysterically when I came across this list of carols and mental disorders this week on
Beliefnet. I hope you'll laugh with me.

1.
Schizophrenia: "Do You Hear What I Hear?"

2. Multiple Personality Disorder: "We Three Kings Disoriented Are"

3.
Dementia: "I Think I'll be Home for Christmas"

4.
Narcissistic: "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing About Me"

5.
Manic: "Deck the Halls and Walls and House and Lawn and Streets and Stores and Office and Town and Cars and Buses and Trucks and Trees and....."

6.
Paranoid: "Santa Claus is Coming to Town to Get Me"

7.
Borderline Personality Disorder: "Thoughts of Roasting on an Open Fire"

8.
Personality Disorder: "You Better Watch Out, I'm Gonna Cry, I'm Gonna Pout, Maybe I'll Tell You Why"

9.
Attention Deficit Disorder: "Silent Night, Holy oooh Look at the Froggy - Can I Have a Chocolate, Why is France so far Away?

10.
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells...."

11.
Oppositional Defiant Disorder:"You better not cry - Oh yes I will
You better not Shout - I can if I want to

You better not pout -
Can if I want to

I'm telling you why -
Not listening

Santa Claus is coming to town - No he's not!"

Post a Comment

12 Comments

  1. Oh Sandy, this is funny! Dr. Freud would have been proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ha! Sandy, this list is wicked! Oh gosh, I am laughing like a fool right now, I'm glad I'm all by myself :D

    have a Blessed weekend to you and your family!

    thess of www.thesserie.com
    btw, I've added you on my list, hope you wont mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute post! You got my morning started with a laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy, check out Deb's Photo Hunters. I think you'll like it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yes, I am laughing all right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very funny for sure... nice to be dropping in here again...
    Sorry I've not stopped by of late, but I'm feeling better now and I'll be back again soon.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are hilarious! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a wonderful Christmas. Am off to New Zealand in a few days and not sure how much I will be able to blog till the New Year. Thanks for your wonderful words during the year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, this is really deep.
    Great post

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Sandy! Now, the day is good! It made me really laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sandy! Thanks for this humor. Oh, what fun it is to laugh. Need something like this as I stay here in my secret get-away in S.F.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous12:18 PM

    I missed this post but although the season is over, I still had a jolly good laugh. Very good indeed.
    How about the Christmas hot flush song "Sleigh bells ring, are you glistening"
    Sorry best I could do off the top of my head :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.