Wordless Wednesday: Prayers in the Sand

Click here for more about the mandala.

Post a Comment

65 Comments

  1. Wow that is amazing. Great photos. Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:22 PM

    I've seen a few being made and destroyed. It is deeply spiritual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting!

    Happy WW!

    Mine is up at Photographic Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:27 PM

    This is beautiful. In Malaysia, the Indians usually decorate their houses with 'kolam' (rice powder) during Deepavali. Heehee.. (=

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:43 PM

    That is so beautiful! Nice photos. My WW for this week is Blazing! Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:07 PM

    amazing pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:10 PM

    wow, amazingly beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fascinating! Thanks for sharing.
    Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very interesting, indeed. I love the bright colors!!!

    Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous2:07 PM

    Amazing colours & creations :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous2:23 PM

    Beautiful! I always enjoy visiting your blog Sandy! Happy WW .. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. love this one. I saw it on tv and really amazing on how they can do it so perfect. Thanks for the comment and have happy WW.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous3:00 PM

    that's interesting!

    happy ww!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous3:49 PM

    Apples. Walnuts. Now sand.

    Some pie dough and charcoal, and we could be in business!

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Patience the likes of which I fear I will never have! Great pics...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous3:59 PM

    That's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous4:15 PM

    Interesting.

    Happy WW!
    Mine is up too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm with jams on this one, fabulous shot x x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have been to this blog twice today. Nice pictures and good story.

    Have you seen the guy that is doing the flower mandalas on the internet?

    It is quite amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. Have a great WW. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous4:59 PM

    That is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for sharing this photo. I, too, have watched monks creating sand mandalas and it is quite an experience. It is hard to imagine how detailed they are. And the monks are mindful and focused, and look so happy while creating it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous7:42 PM

    This is powerful. I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous8:05 PM

    Great photos! Very interesting too!
    Mines up:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow...very cool:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anonymous9:45 PM

    wow ... so amazing!
    happy WW

    ReplyDelete
  27. Anonymous9:46 PM

    that is so interesting! love the colors ... :)
    thanks for visiting!

    happy WW

    ReplyDelete
  28. The Mandala is a beautiful piece of artwork. It takes days to complete and requires great patience. I've seen the Tibetan monks done it in Singapore.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely. I watched this being done in Nepal when I lived there. Very nice. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  30. oh very cool! i just posted some mandala pictures several weeks ago myself. it was so amazing to watch the monk create it. such patience and skill.

    happy ww!

    amy

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a fascinating collage of photos you've created.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Must have a great deal of patience to do all that. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Anonymous3:16 AM

    These things are just amazingly beautiful, and redefine "patience" in their creation. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Anonymous3:26 AM

    very interesting!

    happy ww!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Really beautiful!
    Thanks for visiting :o)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great Photos you got here... Love it!... Visit also mine in my two blogs... here...

    http://wilstop.info/2007/09/25/wordless-wednesday-3/
    http://boggos.blogspot.com/2007/09/wordless-wednesday_26.html

    Have a great Wordless Wednesday!...c",)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Nice! I love multicolours! :)

    Have a wonderful WW!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Anonymous6:36 AM

    Such patience to do this, and such an outlook to destroy it when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Anonymous7:26 AM

    Happy WW Sandy ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Anonymous8:36 AM

    Very cool. I like the spirituality of it. Happy WW.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Amazing...I can't imagine having that much patience!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Anonymous9:33 AM

    so colorful and full of patience..thanks for visiting me!happy WW!
    want to see the other side of A n E?visit here also
    http://jhoaniquing.lifesnippets.net/?p=120

    ReplyDelete
  43. My god what a work but it looks beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  44. Wow, that is a neat picture!

    ReplyDelete
  45. What a beautiful work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Wow, just incredible. Happy WW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. Great WW photo! I saw this spiritual effort on reality show with couples racing around the world...

    My WW post this week inspired by President Bush comments at the United Nations yesterday.

    peace, Villager

    ReplyDelete
  48. Wonderful that you posted this photo ... it is so beautiful and such an amazing art form.

    I haven't yet seen one in person but some day I hope to.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Oh my - that was a spiritual experience (just opening up your blog, listening to the music and seeing the post). Happy WW & thx for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Anonymous12:29 PM

    I had to click on your link to learn about them. It's a beautiful action to destroy it once it is completed. To me, it strikes me as a reminder that nothing lasts forever, nor should it. Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Anonymous2:18 PM

    Oh, how very beautiful. Great picture.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Anonymous2:27 PM

    Amazing! Thanks for sharing this... I've seen it only through documentaries, never in person...

    ReplyDelete
  53. Very beautiful!! Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Anonymous5:31 PM

    Beautiful mandala art by Buddhist monks. Stop by my post for WW and see the monks protesting in Burma.
    Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  55. ive seen they also make statues from butter; that melt with the sun....

    This and the sand mandala are suposed to represent; "lo efímero de lo material" (cant translate this)

    We are peruvian!
    xoxo
    Cucarañas

    ReplyDelete
  56. Always so intricate and beautiful - I admire the work they put into them. Makes a fabulous WW Sandy, thanks for sharing it, and for your thoughtful comment at my blog. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Thank you SO much! I have heard about these and never seen them. Now I know how intricate and gorgeous they are!!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Wow, that's interesting - and great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Anonymous9:30 PM

    Works for me.
    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  60. Anonymous11:20 AM

    Lovely picture and post Sandy,

    I saw similar being done when I lived in Mauritius as a youngster and it was fascinating to watch the mandalas being created :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.