Wordless Wednesday: Mouth of the Dog


Post a Comment

64 Comments

  1. Anonymous4:11 PM

    What an intriguing image! Happy WW ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:16 PM

    Wow, so full of detail!! Happy WW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a fine piece of work. It's like a sketch for the Book of Kells. Happy WW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:42 PM

    Very cool image! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous illustration - it reminds me of Boewulf, which I havent read in a very long time...make a very interesting WW! Thanks for stopping by, hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comment. Love your background music... Happy ww!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't that incredible. What a fascinating print.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:16 PM

    interesting and very intriguing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous5:17 PM

    i would like to know the story behind that. very interesting

    nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, that's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, I went to the link, but still don't understand. Prisoner's art? Mybe I'm having one of my slow days today. Have a great WW. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love it. Intriguing...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am going to use my imagination as to the story. What a beautiful detailed drawing.

    Happy WW

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that's cool, I'd love to see the detail in the larger image as well. Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very lovely. Thanks for the link to the explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  16. interesting artwork!
    happy ww

    ReplyDelete
  17. The title alone is very intriguing. I will read the story behind later. Will come back for it.
    Mine is up too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'd love to be able to do that, great shot

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very interesting. Do you know the story behind the print?

    ReplyDelete
  20. could you tell us the story behind the artwork? interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooooo. I love old manuscript drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous9:10 PM

    so nice craft, is it work of you?

    ReplyDelete
  23. What is it?? Its different...makes you want to stop and stare:) Happy WW. Thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous9:15 PM

    very neat illustration!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cool. It's interesting to read about such things. Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  26. what an intricate drawing....and interesting background. i'd love to know what the prisoner was representing in this picture....

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a great WW! Thanks for stopping by mine!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hmmm...and a scary one it appears. Do tell!

    Thanks for stopping by! The material was similar to quilt lining but others were on all sorts of different types of material. They were so beautiful but the one I posted was my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Made me all shivery. And that was before I clicked on your link about the story. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Anonymous9:47 PM

    love the illustration ... intriguing!
    thanks for the explanation (link).
    happy WW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very interesting and detailed.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow, that's really interesting! Happy WW :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Very interesting! I'd like to know the story of both the drawing and the paper print - with it's handwritten notes and worn edges.

    Thanks for stopping by my WW!

    ReplyDelete
  34. thanks for the comment.
    i'd love to know more about this drawing as well.
    happy ww!

    amy

    ReplyDelete
  35. Very interesting!

    Mine is up atPhotographic Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Very cool. I wish I was as creative. happy WW

    ReplyDelete
  37. Creative. Thanks for sharing the pic...and the story behind it. Happy WW.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Very interesting design. I agree with Jams it looks like something out of the Book of Kells.

    Happy WW

    ReplyDelete
  39. Interesting photo.

    I'm curious about the COLLEEN... since it's my name too.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Ditto on the Book of Kells. Thanks for posting such an intriguing photo. Makes me miss teaching history. :(

    ReplyDelete
  41. Very neat. :)

    Thanks for the comment and happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  42. My son would dodrawings kike that Happy WW

    ReplyDelete
  43. Anonymous4:36 AM

    That's definitely an intriguing photo! :)

    Happy WW! Mine's up too!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Thanks for sharing this one..and the story behind. Happy WW.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Anonymous6:40 AM

    intruiging one!

    nice sketch

    ReplyDelete
  46. What a cool illustration. I didn't notice the link, so I'm off to read it now!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Anonymous8:11 AM

    Is there any type of chaos in prison? Is this another example of creativy and art arising out of chaos? Outstanding image.

    ReplyDelete
  48. real good piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  49. How interesting! What is that from?

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  50. Interesting tale!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Anonymous10:00 AM

    What a unique image! Really different. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Anonymous10:00 AM

    You could sit and look at that all day and see something different all the time. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  53. What a great picture and a talented artist!

    ReplyDelete
  54. With a lot of phantasy I could eventually see a dog's mouth. I wonder what kind of dog the artist has must be quite a moloss !

    ReplyDelete
  55. Sandy ... Thanks for taking time to visit my 9/11 WW tribute over on the Electronic Village.

    I've had to look at your photo a number of times. The intricate detail is remarkable.

    peace, Villager

    ReplyDelete
  56. This is creative for sure!! Happy WW!!

    ReplyDelete
  57. That is really cool. I love all of the different images I get to see on WW!

    ReplyDelete
  58. That is beautiful! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Wonderful image! Very interesting and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Anonymous12:05 PM

    Hi Sandy,

    They were certainly very creative and had a lot of time on their hands. It's nice to see that some of this work is still preserved :)

    ReplyDelete
  61. Colin,
    They did have time and they made use of it, to be sure! Countless prisoners with political status actually earned university degrees courtesy of the British rate payer while inside. When they came out, they took up politics, and look what happened. In a very strange way, all this may have contributed to what stability there is in Northern Ireland now. Art and education are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Very interesting picture. A lot of detail.

    ReplyDelete
  63. That's pretty. It looks Asian but I am certainly no expert. And a big old dangerous mouth!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.