Wordless Wednesday: Out of the Box, into the Imagination

Post a Comment

48 Comments

  1. Anonymous1:45 PM

    Not the worst thing to keep - besides it could take you down the memory lane I guess:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:32 PM

    what an interesting doll!! Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:27 PM

    Good idea. I got rid of a lot of the things that I used to keep when I moved house! Looks like it's wearing a German outfit??

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's definitely an interesting doll. Happy WW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:42 PM

    A perfect example of emotional memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is this a family heirloomb? I'd hate to think what we have up in our loft after living here for 15 yrs I've forgotten what I've put up there "just in case". Happy WW x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great shot!
    What a sweet little doll!
    Happy WW and Thanks so much for visiting mine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4:54 PM

    what a precious keepsake you have.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous5:35 PM

    Very cool concept! Beautiful photo. Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous6:05 PM

    Lovely! I love Antiques! :-)

    Thanks for visiting!
    Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, all, for visiting. She is a sweet doll of unknown origin, though sometime in her travels one arm became shorter than the other. Or the other longer than the other....She carries on in her Stoic way, nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your post on your grandmother's cellar. It so brings to mind my own Grandma's cellar. I'd not thought of it in years. Lovely photo, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous7:53 PM

    Ah, mementos. Special are the families that have such treasures to cherish and pass on from generation to generation. The stories and the people come to life that much more when there's something to look at and touch and relate with.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been doing a lot of clearing out recently. The next batch is stuff is going to be stuff with some memories but really no reason for keeping hold of like a puppet I made as a project at school. Digital photography means I can take loads of pictures of it and keep the memories without needing a storage box to keep it in anymore

    Great picture of an interesting looking doll :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for visiting my blog I am glad you did because it lead me here. Nice to see some local stuff in the Blogsphere. I enjoyed your post about Mine Hill. I used to buy a lot of Granite from the quarry up there. Did you happen to see my friend's Chevy Nova? About 30 years ago we drove it way past where you are supposed to and it sank up to the doors in mud. We had to abandon it and had a long, long walk home. I don't think he ever got out of there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an interesting photo! I know I've kept all kinds of things over the years. Happy WW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I keep lots of my old stuff and I just can't bear to throw them away. They hold lots of my lovely memories. I know I have to one day because I'm running out of space.

    ReplyDelete
  18. She is an interesting little doll, my imagination is working on what sorts of tales she could tell if she could tell us...very nice still life shot Sandy - Great WW!
    (Thanks for stopping by!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Interesting doll. Where does it come from? How old is it? If only it weren't a wordless post. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have lots of things like this. Great WW if you ask me. Have a great WW. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Is this a "Schildkroet-Puppe"? She looks like a typical doll made in Germany. My granny gave me one of those cute dolls ages ago.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, all that old stuff I'm sure has a history. It would be interesting to know where that doll has been!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Interesting title you gave this entry...as I get older, I realize that things must not remain "shelved"...I either enjoy them or give them to someone else who WILL enjoy them! There are, however, certain things we will keep and hang on to...just like "comfort food", they bring a sense of satisfaction to us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful.....Happy WW.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, thats pretty cool

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very pretty. Thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fun-- is the book from all the appointments she went to or you or another family member?

    ReplyDelete
  28. I thought the doll had distant ears but it's its hair, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  29. love the composition and the caption!
    thanks for dropping by,
    and happy WW

    ReplyDelete
  30. Anonymous6:06 AM

    Great doll. I keep all sorts of things, too.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Anonymous6:13 AM

    I think your doll and my old books would get on wonderfully together. Thanks so much for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great photo and a wonderful thought to go with it...

    ReplyDelete
  33. You do good, Sandy! Happy WW!
    She is a very pretty little girl figure.
    We have a couple of small Hummels that my mother had been keeping until she died in 1999.

    I save a lot of old things, reference a closed blog of mine,
    http://jimmiehov2.blogspot.com/
    called "me, old blogs never read, and . . . "

    All the closed blogs can be viewed by inserting a number after the 'hov' part of my main blog,
    http://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/
    It stops at seven (7) for now.

    WW will always be posted on the JIM'S LITTLE PHOTO PLACE,
    http://jimmiehov6.blogspot.com/
    and right now that is the only one that appears on my profile page.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  34. Anonymous10:05 AM

    Beautiful photo. I would love to get in my mom's boxes and see what she saved from our childhood!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Very cool shot!

    You know, it wasn't until I saw your WW that I realized how focused on my kids I am because it never even occured to me to use anything but a picture of them...hmmm. Does that mean I smother them???

    Thanks for helping me look outside of my box!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Anonymous11:33 AM

    That is a lovely photo Sandy, and I imagine there are some interesting memories to go along with it. You know, it makes me want to write a story about it. Maybe a little later, after I finish the one I'm working on and the other two or three I'm thinking about.

    I enjoyed the last couple of posts as well, especially the Mine Hill one.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Interesting grouping.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Anonymous12:02 PM

    Very creative shot. We like to bring home little keepsakes when we travel. I have been buying dolls. Our latest? The mannequin pis in Brussels, Belgium.

    Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Ebay! Ebay! Kidding... Well, I'm not a doll person so I'm picturing a new pink blue tooth thingy for my cell phone. I wonder what I could dig up in my keepsakes? Lots of construction paper pictures.. hm... probably nothing as cool as your doll.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Interesting. Am sure looking at her conjures up memories. I bet they're happy memories seeing that you kept it all these time.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Anonymous1:37 PM

    We all keep many things as keepsakes, so many memories.....I really must go and find my marbles, I fear they are rattling around again!!

    Nice pic my friend, you also need to stop by my blog sometime….there is an award there for you to pick up

    ReplyDelete
  42. You've got a nice site. I loved the music.

    ReplyDelete
  43. just wondering is there anything you wanted this to depict

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love her little black shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Pretty doll! nice theme for a ww
    happy wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. What a great idea! I bet she has stories to tell!

    Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Anonymous6:50 PM

    reminds me of my grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Anonymous11:43 PM

    I love the music here!
    What is it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.