Blog Your Blessings Sunday: Heaven on Earth

We do not merely want to see beauty, though, God knows, even that is bounty enough. We want something else which can hardly be put into words--to be united with the beauty we see, to pass into it, to receive it into ourselves, to bathe in it, to become part of it.

These words from C.S. Lewis describe the perfect summer day filled with genuine laziness, good companionship, sunshine, heat, big flowers, warm water to swim in, family, and a sunset that tells you you're already in heaven. It's good to be here and there at the same time and at home and with my daughter. It's good to take the time to visit the folks and go for a swim.

Thanks, mom and dad.

Post a Comment

10 Comments

  1. Beautiful blessing Sandy .. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy, thanks for checking out my blog. I am sorry I don't write the BYBS until later in the day. I should probably do better. Have a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:52 AM

    Don't forget about the hammock, as long as there's a lazy summer day nearby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:03 AM

    Sandy, thank you so much for visiting my site today. I will bookmark you and read some of your posts later on today. Stop by anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!! Always nice to meet another Sandy in this big world of ours!! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your kind words at my blog!! Please come back again...Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:57 AM

    What a beautiful blog, Sandy. I am grateful for your comment on mine and I am here to return the favor. And now... I cannot make myself go. Thank you for the music.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:02 PM

    Sounds like heaven on earth - a beautiful blessing. Thank you.

    Happy BYB Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4:16 PM

    Lovely sentiments indeed Sandy. I believe a perfect summer day is a glimpse of heaven.

    Thanks for coming by the Tree House and feel free to drop in again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love C.S. Lewis. I hope to attend the retreat in Navasota, Texas, in November.

    I love visiting your blog, Sandy. Its a jolt of joy in a dark world and I treasure it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.