Blog Your Blessings Sunday: Aimless Summer Days

I have finally come round to the wisdom of the answer "nothing" I get from my daughter in response to the question, "What do you want to do today?" It's summer; she has no school, church, or sports schedule. There's a point to not doing things and that's to not do them.

When you're not doing things, you can be home where you can spend time with grandma when she stops up to see you and your guinea pigs. You can show her how you care for them and hold them. You can eat cookies in the middle of the morning. You can gaze into the grass and hunt for mica when she's leaving, and you can wander back into your house and hope the guinea pigs are still sitting on the hearth where you left them when you put on your flip-flops to walk Grandma out.

Then you can go into town and buy a coloring book and a candy bar, go for a swim, play basketball, read a book, and watch a cartoon or two. You can eat hot dogs in the park and play Wiffle ball with your cousins and go to the movies. That's what nothing looks like in the summer. I don't know what's better than that.

What do you want to do today? Don't ask.

Post a Comment

8 Comments

  1. Wow! that makes me want to do nothing too!!!

    Happy BYB Sunday and have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:49 AM

    Ah nothing. Where would I be without you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:30 PM

    There's a lot of times when nothing is the coolest thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:15 PM

    I spend most of my time doing nothing on the Internet... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy BYB Sunday! Mahalo for your comment(s)...you're one of the few you make comments on this blog, so I cherish them. I actually wrote about my dismay about lack of comments today....my post wasn't up when you visited.

    What am I going to do the rest of the day? Certainly NOT blog or read blogs...I'm phasing out of the blog world and getting back to spending more time with people I love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy BTBS! Doing nothing is a good thing sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:57 PM

    Sounds fun to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4:12 PM

    Last night I did nothing outside on the patio for about an hour. Read a book, gazed at the stars, watched a moth fluttering around the patio light. It was a welcome rest after a day of cleaning the house. Good for the body and the soul.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.