Surviving the Odds--and Staying in the Pink

And the day came when the risk to remain in bud, was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. (Anin)
Very likely this is a flower from one of Ted's pots. In the past, he's left cast--off pots of Easter flowers on the side of the road for me to plant in my garden. He's our recycling guy, and he knows his biz. I came across this little hyacinth on my walk this morning. It's a miracle it made it through the salt, sand, and ice-melter roadside crud that has burned every other plant life there. The bulb is very deep--or was until I moved it to my garden today.

(I found the quote on Art Walk.)

Post a Comment

5 Comments

  1. Very nice picture, too, of a very nice plant.

    Sauteed, with a little garlic... no, no, wait, dry the flowers, wrap in Zig-Zag cigarette paper...

    Dear me, I'm not sure quite
    That even now I've got it right.

    How e're it was he got his trunk
    Entangled in ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two not mutually exclusive suggestions. Pre-salted courtesy of public works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...the telephunk.
    The more he tried to get it free,
    The louder buzzed the telephee.

    I fear I'd better drop the song
    Of Elephop and Telephong.

    (Thanks to Laura Elizabeth Richards.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You, my friend, are on a (zig-zag?) roll. (Forgive the pun, but I'm just havin' fun...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:06 PM

    Beautiful photo and really fits the quote.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for being here.